Boosting a positive online reputation is a hugely important part of your online marketing. What are you doing to boost yours? Below we have some ideas to help...
We recently received a review from Alison Lambert, MD of Onswitch:
“VetHelpDirect are just what a modern forward thinking practice need to navigate their way through all the options in the digital world.
Onswitch are happy to recommend them as we know they do a great job and help folks..."
Well thank you Alison - we certainly try! Having been given this review has prompted us into reminding vet practices how to grow their own bank of honest, positive reviews.
Having reviews left about your business online, gives potential or unsure clients an insight into your practice straight from people in their position. What better way could there be of advertising yourselves?
How to build up your online reviews:
Choose a review platform and make it easy for clients to find where to write them online or they won’t bother. Use a platform that you can manage (you have no control over Google reviews, Qype or Yelp, so if you do get any negative or slanderous reviews on those sites, there is very little you can do to appease the situation - if you notice the reviews at all).
We recommend: For those of you that are registered on the VetHelpDirect.com directory, we highly recommend taking full advantage of your Vet Help Direct listing and utilising the review platform within there. All reviews are read by a member of our team before being published (so nothing defamatory gets published), you get the opportunity to reply to any negative reviews and we provide a free widget to pop onto your website, so you can direct clients there. Our reviews also appear in Google searches for your practice.
The reviews are then easy for potential clients to find (we rank very high in Google), easy for existing clients to leave (through your website) and easy for you to manage (through us).
Whichever review platform you choose, here are some ideas of ways to encourage your clients to leave reviews:
- Word of mouth! Just let people know at reception or after consultations.
- Your Facebook page - post and include a link.
- Create a poster for your waiting room. Make it simple enough and people can review you while they’re waiting!
- Create a notice by reception. Anything to build awareness.
- Make cards. Hand them out with appointment slips or receipts.
- Email campaigns. Add some info on your reviews to your next email campaign (remember to include links).
- QR Codes: They’re free to make and are small, square images that can be scanned by a smart phone to take somebody straight to any web page you wish - add them to some of the above ideas.
If you would like some more advice, please just contant us. We can help you to improve your online reputation through social media and through our directories.
If you have any other tips on building online reviews, please leave your comments below!